Grooms, you’ve just proposed…what now?
So you thought you had a hard time organising the proposal…well think again; the proposal is just the beginning gentlemen.
There is a list of things you need to expect and eventually…action!
The first thing to expect apart from the congratulatory texts and phone calls, is a folder filled with images from Instagram/ Pinterest. She already knows what she wants her wedding to look like…after all, it technically is her day.
Secondly, don’t be surprised if she has already spoken with a Wedding Planner. In fact, this could be the smartest thing you both do together…the pressure it releases is immeasurable.
Third, expect never to see her wedding dress…only on the day of the wedding; she has dreamt about this dress since she was a young girl and she’s not about to give up her secret just yet.
What else should you expect?
- Sometimes, things cost more than what they seem.
- Advice from your future Mother-in-law and siblings/ cousins/ friends that have been married before; they all have become experts you know.
- Heated discussion around how many guests to invite and where to have the reception.
- Meeting after meeting with multiple suppliers, i.e. invites, photographers, cinematographers, florist, entertainment, transport, tailor and MC.
- A depleting bank balance.
- The “wedding” is all you will talk about.
Yes, some of the things are quite funny, however, above anything in this world…she expects you to be involved every step of the way…congratulations!